[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Question

<< Very true. I whine like a baby when I only see 4 an hour...and that 67
 minutes with nothin' is a real challenge. All the more reason to appreciate
 those who do it if that is their only opportunity. It is a great time to
 become very intimate with the sky; to appreciate the motion of the stars on
 their way around polaris (or that dark spot down south of the equator :->),
 to learn the constellations, to bask in the glow of the Milky Way, to.....
 ....well you get the idea >>

Its an excellent time for general sky familiarization (sp?) - but then we
shouldn't be trying to put a quota on meteor observing.
Also theres not too many places in the country where anyone can bask in the
glow of the Milky Way anymore.  :)

Kevin