[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Other Non-Meteor Astro. Events (Was: Partial Solar Eclipse)

Another non-meteor event coming up for the European/Asian crowd is the
transits of Venus (across the Sun).  I don't have the dates at hand
but I seem to remember that they are in 1998 and 2002.  These are once
in a lifetime events as they occur in pairs, separated by over 100
years.  Can someone out there confirm the exact dates of these events?

Sorry for the off topic subject.  Here's a true meteorobs question.

I have yet to type in my meteor counts from Aug. 11/12.  I had about
1.5 hr Teff, at about 8-10 UT Aug. 12.  (I was out all night but only
counted for a while.)  Would these still be of use to anyone?  They
are just counts of Perseids vs. non-Perseids in approximately 10
minute blocks.  Should I send to meteorobs or e-mail directly to
someone?

Gregg Lobdell                             Voice: 425-234-0884
Boeing Commercial Airplane Group            Fax: 425-234-5775
Seattle, WA, USA                       InterNet: gml@atadot ca.boeing.com