[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Question

On the contrary, I'm quite excited when I see 4 meteor an hour!  BTW,
I've only seen the Milky Way glow once-a few months ago when our
church went camping--we were supposed to go to bed at 12 midnight,
but I stayed up to 3:30AM local time to allow others to fall asleep,
and then snuck out and observed to 4AM due to fagtigue.  I hadn't
slept in 20 hours.  The LM was ~ 6.5, and IT WAS AWESOME!  I was
speechless.  I could only identify 1 constellation-Scorpius.  Yet the
rate were like other pre-midnight observations.  In 0.50 TeFF, I saw
two meteors.  I only slept 90 minutes for some reason.  I'll ask my
parents about taking a nap to gain extra 'sky time'.

Jonathan