[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Early Evening Observing

As I said before, I observe when there is suitable conditions--not
now, unfourtanely!  I cannot observe in the morning.  So, I have two
1.  Observe the pathetic rates of pre-midnight observing.
2.  Ignore meteorics and sleep.

Option 1, as you can see, is much better than #2, although most
people would favor #2.  IE:  The sunday before the Perseid peak, I
asked my friend at church if he watched the Perseids.  He replied,
"Why would I?"  I couldn't reply to that.  This was someone who LOVED
astronomy 5 years ago, and now he is completely ignorant to it.  It
is so sad.  He tells me that he watches 15-30 hours of television
every week, while I watch 4-6 hours per week.  If only if he would
_notice_ the sky.  His favorite TV show is _Star Trek:_, and so is
mine (That is all I watch!).  He says that space exploration is
boring.  Since when was exploration boring?  Now how can you enjoy
_Star Trek:_, and insist that everything is on Earth, and nothing is
in the skies!  Sorry for my carrying on.

PS:  He would only get off the planet ONLY if there was a TV in the
spacecraft.

Jonathan