[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Early Evening Observing

George wrote:
> I accept it as a compromise...as long as the methods of observing isn't
> compromised as well....such as observing during full moons (exceptions to
> Major showers), or with LM's below 5.0, view highly obscured...just to rack

I agree with that, and was criticized for saying so in "The Astronomer"
magazine some years ago.  I didn't see much point in taking up so much
space (especially for mag. distributions) in the magazine for a few
meteors.  The only thing one can say is that there wasn't an outburst
of bright meteors.

Excluding any special events, my visual LM upper limit was 5.7, and to
undertake telescopic observations my limit is +6.0.  I rather save my
time to do analysis or answer correspondence in poor conditions.  Of
course, if you live in New York, NY...

Malcolm