[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Early Evening Observing

GeoZay<< I am aware of some individuals with very high Teff times who
 >routinely observed under [poor] conditions. I do consider Teff times as a
 >better measure to show effort than the number of meteors counted...<<

Lew>> I was curious if there was in fact any purpose to such a measure?
(Other
 than feeding the ego of the observer, that is...) Are any adjustments done
 to data analysis based on "total observer experience", etc? Or maybe some
 of the shower analyses are predicated on how much each observer was able to
 observe during the course of that shower? Just curious,

------------------
I believe the main purpose is feeding an individuals ego with the
recognition...a small price for the labor involved I would think? Like in any
endeavor whether it be work or something else, you take away the recognition,
efforts tend to dwindle. It also indicates a degree of experience. There is
also some National pride involved when the tallys are broken down by country.
I don't know if any kind of adjustments are done to the data analysis based
on "total observer experience" or not...but I would think a separate data
base from highly experienced individuals would be interesting if enough data
can be gathered within certain time frames?
George Zay