[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteor Sounds

Conrad>>Also, what would you hear when your listening for meteor echoes.
Would
you hear
like a beep, thump or kind of a static like noise .<<
Conrad...the sounds I usually hear while radio monitoring for meteors over
the FM band is often a chirp like sound for very short meteors...sometimes a
beep and a thump as well. But if the meteor is quite bright and the radio
signal lasts a little longer, you will hear a sudden and clear voice, music
or whatever is being transmitted from your distant station at the time. It
quite often ends just as suddenly. I do not hear the kind of static noise
associated with lightning for example.
George Zay