[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Astronomy vs. TV

It was not a stupid posting.  I observed for three nights and saw a
meteor come out of the possible radiant once out of the two nights.
Please remember that many minor showers have rates at 1 or less per
hour before midnight at, before, or after the maximum period.  My
claim that I saw a new comet was false, although I did not know it at
the time.  I did indeed see a -15 fireball.  Do *_you, Sirko*_, doubt
that?  Are you questioning my validity?  Are you saying I do not
understand the magnitude scale?  Are you saying I am an imcompetent
observer?

Don't you think that would be quite a thing to observe and 67% of
them originate from a particular point in the sky, or radiant in the
entire sky?

I thought first, Sirko.  I no one else made observations, then no one
else could verify my findings and then I would have to wait to next
year?  That's not pure science.  It's social science.  Not
recognizing that an observer, a sane observer, could have noticed
something, and yet ignore him because someone doesn't like him???
Perhaps you could think first, sir.

Jonathan