[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Astronomy vs. TV

<<  I did indeed see a -15 fireball.  Do *_you, Sirko*_, doubt
 that?  Are you questioning my validity?  Are you saying I do not
 understand the magnitude scale?  Are you saying I am an imcompetent
 observer? >>
I can't speak for Sirko...but I personally doubt you saw a -15 fireball
unless there are reports from others as well stating so...otherwise I believe
you saw something in the range of -3 to -6. Without much experience,
fireballs in the -15 range are difficult to judge...I don't think you have
had that kind of experience yet. And last but not least, judging from what
you say on the internet in general...Comets, Meteorites, New Radiants with
only two meteors, not to mention the ridiculous... I highly suspect that you
are an incompetent observer.
George Zay