[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Astronomy vs. TV

At 09:01 AM 09/03/97 -0400, you wrote:

> Steve>>What? then what are "Bobbids" and "Georgids" <G>???<<
>
>Oh, those are rain showers! Bobbids is a lite sprinkle...Georgids is a
>downpour.
>George Zay

Then I guess "Stevenids" must be a pair of full-fledged east coast
hurricanes about to combine..

Seriously, folks, let's stop the name-calling and flaming battles, please;
and whenever possible, let's resort to personal e-mail rather than
broadcasting all over the reflector, OK? It does get a little tiresome for
those who aren't directly involved, whichever side we feel sympathetic
toward. We all do have a big <D> key, true; but I've been told that on some
reflectors, that key has been known to wear out rather quickly...

And for a couple of us who've broached seemingly-dumb questions hereabouts
recently, it might prove useful and profitable to conduct a little library
search or pore through relevant web sites before opening our mouths and thus
confirming, beyond anybody else's ability to doubt, how ignorant we really
are (I speak from experience here!). Besides, you just might find all sorts
of other interesting information while you're looking for that one answer!

Don't know where to look? Try your search engines. The question is too
specific and gets few or no hits? Then broaden your topic a bit until
something comes up.

SteveH (trying desperately to hide his complete ignorance of what a
"shooting star" really is, nearly having forgotten since there's been nary a
break in the New England night clouds since, oh, yay on last month some time...)
Shrewsbury MA