[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) radio meteor detection question

A few days ago  on this post  equipment for detecting
meteors with radio was discussed.  It was mentioned
that satellites, and aircraft, could and do interfere
with the signal.  My question is this,  what about having
the equipment set up near power poles with transformers
on them.  There's one about 100 feet away from the back of
the house.  Would that create some kind of static noise?
I'm electrically ignorant per-se and was wondering if such
a situation would not be desirable.

Thanks in advance for replies,

Becky Schultz

still sweating and fighting mosquitos in Houston