[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Leonid fireballs

At 09:17 AM 9/4/97 +0200, you wrote:
>A -5 fireball observed by Nick Martin was described and it was emphazised
>that the train formed a head which looked like a comet after some minutes.

Interesting question, Oyvind! I know that I've seen several long-lasting
trains (especially from the LEOs) which diffused irregularly at different
points along their paths. Could this simply be a case where high-altitude
wind sheer near the terminal point of the meteor caused the head to
"balloon" out, while the rest of the train remained more coherent? Thought
from the list?

Lew