[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Green Milky Way??

-- [ From: Robert Lunsford * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --

> Have you really ever seen the Milky Way as a GREENish band, Bob? Even
in the
> Keys, I've never noticed any color in the Summer Milky Way. If you do
see it,
> what bizarre perception effect causes it?

Lew,

On some mornings when the fog is so thick and there is no skyglow toward
the city, the summer Milky Way has a greenish hue to it. I have
mentioned this to George (who sees many green meteors) but I don't
recall him ever verifying any color.

As for bizarre perceptions, maybe it really is green, just like the true
color of the night sky.

Bob