[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Obser. Sep 4/5...ZAYGE

Had a very warm and clear observing nite last night for Sep 4/5. I observed
for about 5 hours with an average LM around 6.0. I started at 23h15 local and
ended at O'Dark Early am...that is 5h12 local.  Activity was a wee bit more
than during the Alpha Aurigid peak. I plotted a total of 44 meteors. Of those
I noted 3 Piscids, 4 alpha Aurigids, and 6 delta Aurigids....the rest were
nothingnids(sporadics). The brightest were a -2 delta Aurigid and two -1
sporadics. I might have captured one of the sporadics on film...won't know
for a few days when I develop the film. Hey Norm...I saw one mosquito during
the entire night! All I did was wave my hand and he/she mosied along. Just
for the record...when we do get an occasional mosquito or two...they prefer
Bob for some reason....and that's fine with me....no hurt feelings there.
George Zay