[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fireball mags...

I believe meteor trails are composed of stuff, the stuff that the
meteor was made up of.  Probably water ice.  Logically, I would think
that the bigger, brighter, and longer-lasting trails mean that the
meteor was big too.

I had a question myself:  I heard about the discovery of mini-
comets(months ago, actually); I know their small and tiny, but what
is the apparent magnitude of them, for an observer standing at sea
level?  A guess by me would be +20, but guesses are not scientific in
nature.

Jonathan, cloudy skies.  Clear skies last night, though.