[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fireball mags...

-- [ From: Robert Lunsford * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --

> My alledged -15 had an apparent diameter of 5 degrees as it blew
itself up.

> Jonathan

10 times larger than the moon. Wow! That's the largest point meteor I've
ever heard of.

And if it occurred at the edge of your field of view and was partially
obscured are you sure it wasn't 4 or possibly 6 degrees in diameter? I
also feel the duration needs to be a bit more refined. One-tenth of a
second just is not accurate enough especially when it was so far from
the center of view.

One last thing Jonathan, fireballs do not blow themselves up. They blow
themselves out.

Respectfully Yours,

Robert D Lunsford esq.