[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Sept 9 Observations

-- [ From: Robert Lunsford * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --

I watched from home this morning since I felt a bit too tired to drive
45 minutes to the observatory. I also had an early morning meeting at
work so the session was limited to two hours so that I could be alert
and not nod off during the meeting. Actually the skies were not all that
bad. I was hazy toward the horizons but LM's were in the 5.75 range high
in the sky. I counted a total of 10 meteors which included 1 member of
the September Perseids (DAU). All other meteors were sporadic. It was
also surprising quiet with hardy a buzz from any mosquitoes.

1000-1100 UT   0.97   5.77   4 SPO   4 TOTAL

1100-1200 UT   0.97   5.75   1 DAU   5 SPO   6 TOTAL

The sky was clear the entire session. I was facing east at an elevation
of 70 degrees.

Beginning Temperature/Relative Humidity:   72 F  (22 C)     74%

Ending Temperature/Relative Humidity:   71  (22 C)     85%

Bob Lunsford