[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) wojack

     I won't vote.  I don't even vote to often for politicians.  They DO
lie.  Anyway,  I have seen contrails at night without being near a full
moon. Usually these aircraft cannot be heard. I agree with Lew that they are
pretty under a full moon.  I also believe that a contrail would not by ANY
means have ANY way of looking blown up (or out) or 10 times the size of a
full moon.  It is just a vapor trail.  I have seen trails left by
meteors/fireballs and they don't look similar.  First of all there is debris
in a meteor trail.  Little sparkles like a firework.  A contrail is just
water vapor (unless you fly TWA).  Now it is back to being a point meteor?
 Why doesn't Jonathan just classify it under "I don't know how or why I got
these results" and call it good.  That answer it fully justifiable in the
scientific community.  NEXT TIME, try to write down more info asap.  This
way the "fish tale" won't become the one that got away.

                              1st