[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Parallel trains

At 02:37 AM 9/15/03 +1000, Adam Marsh <riker@net2000.com.au> wrote:
>    One coment however on the issue of double trains.  I've seen a
>few of the type talked about (segmented train).  Anyone seen meteors
>which have produced 'paralell trains'.  I've seen only one from
>almost 5000 meteors and know of one other observer who has seen
>one.  Just curious on the mechanism of production of this.

I have seen two meteors similar to what you describe, Adam - one in the '96
PERs and one in the LEOs the same year. In both cases, the trains were not
exactly parallel, but instead "branched" and/or "rejoined"... These are not
too hard to explain physically, I'd guess - except maybe the "rejoining" part!

But was what you saw an actual pair of completely parallel trains?

Lew