[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Fall issue of AMS Electronic Circular

Hello folks,

The Fall issue of the AMS Electronic Circular was distributed via email
this morning.  If you did not receive a copy, but would like to, please
contact either Jim Bedient <wh6ef@pixi.com> or myself
<richardson@digitalexp.com> to be placed on the distribution list.

After a busy summer, this issue contains a nice variety  of articles (11 in
all).  The table of contents is listed below:

     1. Editor's Notes
     2. The AAS Meeting on Professional-Amateur Collaboration
     3. AMS Contacts in Russia - Summer 1997
     4. The IAU Commission 22 Working Group on Professional-Amateur
Collaboration in Meteor Science
     5. Fourier and Wavelet Analysis: Finding Patterns Under The Noise
     6. Meteor Spectroscopy Using Inexpensive Holographic Gratings
     7. Late Spring and Summer Showers Observed from North America
     8. The 1997 Perseids
     9. Call for Bolide Investigators
    10. PAPER REVIEW: "A New Method for the Measurement of Meteor Speeds:
The Pre-t0 Phase Technique"
    11. 1998 Moon Calender for Visual Observers

We also invite your comments, feedback, and suggestions about the EC, as
well as your own article submissions.  With the next issue, we intend to
shift the EC up to a quarterly publication, to come out again in late
December.  We appreciate the support and positive feedback that we received
with the first, Spring issue.

Thanks,

     Jim Richardson

James Richardson
Graceville, Florida
richardson@digitalexp.com

Operations Manager / Radiometeor Project Coordinator
American Meteor Society (AMS)
http://www.serve.com/meteors/