[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Oct 1 Meteor Observations

<<
 Two other areas of possible activity were also noted from plots. One was
 located in Cassiopeia at 2:00 +62 and produced 5 medium-slow meteors.
 The other was located near 7:30 +36, where the borders of Auriga, Gemini
 , and Lynx meet. 8 fast meteors were seen from this area including a 45
 degree long meteor that occurred when the radiant was low in the
 northeast. George Zay, if you could check your plots of the last two
 nights and see if you can verify this activity, I would appreciate it.

Well Bob...I just looked over my plots for the two previous nights. The area
in Cassiopeia...I had nothing going back to that possible radiant on the
night of Sep 28/29 and 4 meteors for the night of 29/30...but all eliminated
due to too fast of speeds. For the area in Gemini...I had better showings.
Both nights I had 4 meteors each radiating from there and had fast or very
fast speeds. Now that's 8 combined  out of 110 meteors observed for the two
nights. Cutting it kinda close to make something out of it....but close
enough to keep a wary eye in the future.
George Zay