[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Sigma Orionids

George,

The Sigma Orionids are an annual shower but as Wayne mentioned they
occur at such low rates visual determination of any activity is
difficult due to the sporadic pollution. If you want to concentrate
on this shower I would reduce the radiant diameter to perhaps 3
degrees in order to reduce the chance alignment of any sporadic
activity. I would also suggest facing due east in the early morning
this time of year. This way you can catch any activity from either
the Sigma Orionids or the Delta Aurigids.

Bob Lunsford