[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) The Great Daylight 1972 Fireball over Wyoming

Hello,

I had to respond to this post, because back in 1972 my folks had taken the
family on a trip out west.  While we were in the Grand Tetons I saw this
fireball.  I was 16.  I didn't know anything about astronomy (weirdly enough,
since I was a Science Fiction fanatic).  At first I thought I was seeing my
first UFO!  But I realized, almost immediately after that first flash of
fantasy, that I was seeing a big meteor.  Noone else in my family saw it and
I got the, "Yea, sure, Bob," treatment.  Many years later I saw a clip of
film on some program or other and knew, at once, that it was the meteor I had
seen.  The film is almost an exact replay of my memory of it.  Well, that's
all I guess.  Just wanted to share.

                                                                  Bob Metzger