[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) The Great Daylight 1972 Fireball over Wyoming

(Sorry for the multiple post.  The grey matter is running slowly this
morning.)

One more note on this fireball.  Given the most likly post-encounter
orbit, this object would cross the orbit of Earth between July 30 and
August 16, 1997, with August 8 being the most probable date.  Within
that error range, if the crossing date was August 11, Earth would be
in the same place and some encounter would be possible.  I've not read
anything in the regular or astronomical media, so the object must have
missed us this time around.  I wonder if anyone tried to pick it up
visually.

Gregg Lobdell                             Voice: 425-234-0884
Boeing Commercial Airplane Group            Fax: 425-234-5775
Seattle, WA, USA                       InterNet: gml@atadot ca.boeing.com