[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Daylight Showers & Fireballs

-- [ From: Robert Lunsford * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --

> Another QUESTION to the group:
>
>     Have any of brighter members of the daytime meteor showers been
resolved
>   visually during a total solar eclipse.  We all seen reports of
daylight
>   fireballs NOT during eclipse.  I'm wondering if any bright
fireball/bolide
>   members of a known daytime radiant been verifiably recorded.
>
>     Curious in San Diego, CA.

Joseph,

I doubt very much that any daylight fireballs have been associated with
a known radiant. Also, I have never heard of a meteor been seen during a
total solar eclipse. I would imagine that most people (including myself)
are intently watching the corona and prominences and not considering
meteor observing at this time. The odds of a fireball occurring during a
total solar eclipse must be exceedingly small.

Bob