[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) meteor groups

-- [ From: Robert Lunsford * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --

> I want to have this clarified. These are the groups that deal in
meteor
> observing (NJAA,NAMN,ALPO,IMO,AMS,NJWO,AMS,AAAS,NYGiants,NJD).  Now is
> IMO and ALPO
> the two maine groups that receive the data from the other groups, and
do
> these groups receive the same data, or are they independent from each
> other?

Brian,

The IMO is a world-wide organization and collects data from all
affiliated groups such the the ones listed above. Here in America we
have decided to unite ourselves under the AMS banner instead of having
several groups of equal strength. The "new" AMS now consists of the
combined efforts of the "old" AMS, ALPO, NAMN, and NJAA. We will pool
our localized data (visual, radio, photographic, and video) and share it
with the IMO for world-wide analysis.

I would suggest that those with on-line access continue to submit data
by e-mail directly to NAMN. ALPO will continue to collect data via
postal mail and all of this will be combined with data from NJAA and
those sent directly to the AMS for publication, analysis, archives, and
ultimately shared with the IMO.

I hope this clears up any questions you had.

Robert Lunsford

IMO Regional Coordinator