[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: (meteorobs) meteor groups

Brian queried
>These are the groups that deal in meteor observing
>NJAA,NAMN,ALPO,IMO,AMS,NJWO,AMS,AAAS,NYGiants,NJD

That's your assumption:-> I never said that!

>I want to have this clarified.

OK, since it's slow...

NJAA- New Jersey Astronomical Association
	My local observatory for which I am the Meteor Research Coordinator.
Since I became involved in Meteor Observing; I have actively tried to
sucker...errr, recruit (yeah that's the ticket) and help train new
observers, and to provide tools to make the job easier. These people are
kind enough to indulge me. So my data goes to my file first, then the NAMN
database. We have two other observers who are active, and several more on
the hook :-> from there it goes to ------>

NAMN North American Meteor Network. This allows rapid dissemination of the
data (when I process the observations quickly :-O ). Mark enters that data
and passes it on to---->

ALPO Meteors Section. In the past This was a mail only database; over the
last 2 years it has begun to merge with the NAMN database; as both groups
have worked together to advance meteorics, particularly (but not limited
to) North America

AND to the International Meteor Organization---->
	This group provides a global database of meteor observations, allowing
time continuous data on showers.

AND now to the American Meteor Society as well.

Now the others....who do not yet receive meteor data:

American Association for the Advancement of Science...part of the price of
being o reading addict

North Jersey Weather Observers
and
the other AMS: THe American Meteorological Society
My interest in the sky started a few kilometers lower that the mesosphere;
I used to be more concerned with the troposhere. Now I view it as a window
to my primary area of interest; however, anyone who has ever seen me when a
snow dealin' Nor'easter is about to come up the coast; what with the pacing,
 salivating, frequnet trips to the potty, etc will never forget it. Besides
it gives me something to do when it's cloudy :->>

NYGiants, yeah I lost my head; after this past weekends performance by my
darlings of football (American) I was kind of excited (see pacing,
salivating, etc comments above).

As for the NJD, that is an unauthorized addition to the list, since I have
been a NYR fan since back when the only NJ Devil was the creature that
roams through the Pinelands stealing  (and presumably devouring) small
animals, children and unwary adults.
	Now of course, we have a NJ she-devil; and it's our Governor :->>>

and of course, the newly discovered ECMOG & SC, hoping for it's first
meeting soon...

The one's I missed:
NJAS= No it's not the New Jersey Astronomical Society; there's no such
thing (HaHa MD!) but rather the New Jersey Audubon Society.
NWRC= National Wildflower Research Center
and many more....
	All are part of the Wayne:
Wayne's
Acronym