[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) meteor/astronomy related topics for subject titles

<< I am back on the list, and yes George, I am getting the unwanted mail and
 have been wondering what can we do about it.    It sure does look official,
 but I guess there is no way that Lew can intercept it without vetting every
 posting, and I know he far too busy to do that.    What I am going to do is
 reply to their mailings and tell them that they are a bloody  nuisance and
 to get off our listing.    I don't suppose they will lose too much sleep
 over that, but at least it will make a point. >>

Thats really not going to work. The best thing that can be done is to
complain to your server with a fwd. of the offending post. Another good dirty
trick to do to these spammers is to do what they say... If they give an
address for you to send them a check etc. do it, except in place of a check
send them some strips of newspaper in an envelope with THEIR address as a
return address. Oh yeah one more thing don't put postage on it. The heavier
the better and the more letters the merrier. It will be sent back to them and
postage will be collected. I include a note saying "Thanks for spamming me."
 I'm sure this won't end spams but it makes me feel better.

Kevin