[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: How do I chat??

At 01:31 PM 10/17/97 EDT, you wrote:
>can you reiterate the instructions [for connecting to IRC]

You are in LUCK, Wayne!! This is the first time I've checked my lewkaren email in over two weeks! :) The instructions are simple: go out on the Web and find a copy of a free- or share-ware IRC client (the one I have on my machine right now is called 'mIRC', and I got it from http://www.mirc.codot uk ). After downloading and installing the client, start it up and connect to IRC server "centurion.daldot net" (or any other server on "DALnet"). Once connected, enter the command "/join #namn", and you should be ready to chat!

If you're working tonight, go ahead and try the above now... I'll leave myself connected to the chat group, in case you need confirmation you got on successfully. My nickname is "MAmeteors", so you'll know it's me.

Clear skies!
Lew