[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) NAMN LM Charts

I was just looking over the NAMN Limiting Magnitude charts on their website.
I know  the listed star count area locations quite well. But if you are using
the star charts on the NAMN site as a guide because you don't have the
various star count areas memorized, you might find it difficult to figure out
which stars are the end stars of the star count areas? I looked at the first
5 or 6 and suspect the rest have the same problem...that is there is not
enough sky surrounding the star count areas to give you adequate reference to
figure out what you are looking at. I guess eventually you can figure it out,
but not with ease. I recommend that the charts show larger areas of the sky.
I haven't looked nor do I know if the AMS or IMO websites have similar charts
posted or not, so I don't know if they have the same problem.  A reminder
about those little numbers next to some of the stars are magnitudes....not
some kind of catalogue number.
George Zay