[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) SPAM

At 10:53 AM 10/19/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi All
>
>It is obvious that our URL hs got onto a spammers listing and as such the
>situation is probably only going to get worse.
>
>One simple suggestion I have is to change our URL.   That may work until
>they pick up on the new URL.   Maybe Lew can switch all the officially
>signed up names to a new listing as a  group,  without us all having to sign
>on seperately.
>
>Just an idea.
 I jsut set up the filters in my eudora and it worked. The spammers use
certain key words like, succeed, low cost,power. If the filter see's this
in the subject line I have it put it in the trash. I never see it. I just
kive the trash a quick look and dump it.

 Not an absolute fix but better than nothing.