[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: (meteorobs) NAMN LM Charts

At 12:20 PM 10/20/97 -0400, Lew wrote:

>Guys, the version of the LM charts which I use were photocopied and mailed
>to me by George, from an IMO original: the sky areas are layed out on 8 or
>10 different large-area sky charts (two per page). The first two pages of
>the photocopy are actually a listing of star end-points for all 30 LM sky
>areas, and a table for converting star counts in each area into Limiting
>Magnitude. This is a VERY convenient format. Any way these handy charts
>might be digitized for inclusion on the NAMN (or IMO) Web sites?

Lew, I believe what you mention above are the charts and tables contained in
the IMO Handbook. The current edition has 12 of these "finder" charts with
about 2 pages of tables to go along. If they were digitized, would not the
larger size also mean larger image files? Thus slower loading time by a web
browser, especially for those without high-speed connections?

I am only guessing here since I don't have this equipment, but thought maybe
you or Gary would know......

Clear skies,

-Mark