[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) point meteor with train

Hello everybody,

During a short session last night, I saw a peculiar meteor which I like
to share with you. Observing from 18:40 to 20:00 UT (20:40-22:00 local
time) I observed a magnitude zero >point< meteor in the Aquila counting
area. The funny aspect was, that it had a persistent train, that was
visible as a small rapidly fading nebulous sub-globular cloud for about 1.5
secs after the meteor disappeared. Very funny to see, never seen such a
thing before.

It was a nice night. Some sporadics, and one Taurid (+5). Had to stop
quite early because of some 'problems' with nose and eyes (result flu
innocculation I guesss).  Below my data.
I now logged 2533 meteors in 57.14h effective over 27 nights this year.

-Marco Langbroek
(the Netherlands)

UT           Teff  Lm   Tau   Spo    Tot
18:40-20:00  1.27  6.2   1    12     13

Mag        0   1   2   3   4   5
Spo        1  0    2   5   4   0