[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) NAMN LM Charts

<<
 Kronk>>I'm baffled!
 The LM charts have been posted on the IMO site for several years, and have
 been on the NAMN web site for at least a year now. Why is it George, that
 you show great concern for this now? Are you running out of things to
 complain about?

I haven't looked at the LM charts posted on the IMO site nor have I looked at
the NAMN website until recently. I'm sure if I was aware of them looking the
same on the IMO site as on the IMO site, I would have said something then.
Just as I would if I felt compelled to look at the NAMN site a year ago, I
would have said something then. I'm not really concerned if NAMN posts a
useable LM chart or not on their website. It was just something that I noted
and announced on behalf of the novices who are either unaware of a problem or
too shy to say anything. If the NAMN leadership do nothing about it within a
reasonable time period, it's a failure on them. Perhaps their ego is hurt to
discover that they aren't perfect or something? I know where the LM counts
are at when I look in the sky. Complaints are what improves things in the
long run. Would you rather go on thinking that something is honky dory when
all the while it isn't? When I see something that isn't right, I'll complain
as I become aware of it. Maybe someday I will run out of complaints? But I
kinda doubt it, there is always room for adjustments and new approaches.
George Zay