[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: (meteorobs) NAMN LM Charts

Sirko is probably correct in the long run, PS files may not be the easiest
to work with.

Photoshop 4.0 definitely opens PS files (I have done it), it also opens EPS
files (although I have not done this), but it is expensive. I work at a
university and programs like this are everywhere. Ghostscript is available
for the PCs and works great. It is one of the best PS programs I know of
for PCs and will display and print. I have it on my Windows NT computer at
work and I use it all the time. For the Macintosh, Photoshop is the
cleanest program I know of to view PS files, but it does not print these
files very well.

JPG and GIF formatted graphics are certain the standard for the WWW. For
the small LM charts the size problem is not an issue, but if everyone wants
a larger format, they may have to put up with longer download times.

Gary