[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Orionid Obser. Oct 24/25 ZAYGE

Below is a post I made Saturday morning...forgot that the list would be shut
down...anyhow, here it is again in regards to my last Orionid observations.
George
------------

Last night the sky finally cleared so that I can observe. It was a little
windy and crisp...but the sky was completely clear. I did not operate any
camera's nor did I do any plotting. I used my tape recorder only. I observed
for Orionids, e-Geminids, N. Taurids, S. Taurids and sporadics. I started my
observations at 23h44 local and stopped at 5h47 local...6 hours. Average LM
for the first three hours was near 6.0. The second 3 hours around 5.6.  I
recorded 76 meteors total. 41 orionids, 10 N. Taurids, 6 S. Taurids, 1
e-Geminid, and 18 sporadics. The brightest meteor was a -3 Orange S. Taurid
low on the horizon.

Observing periods In UT time:

6h44-7h44= 1NTA, 1EGE, 2Spor
7h44-8h44= 6 ORI, 2NTA, 1STA, 3Spor