[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re:TX/NM meteor

Dear Mr. Milke,

You never fail to amaze me with the lengths to which you will go to force
your meteorite strike theory for the downing of TWA-800 upon the NTSB and
general public.  Because the American Meteor Society has declined
officially adopting your theory, you now wseem to delight in unprofessional
and incendiary attacks upon us.

You wrote:

>As I have stated several times the American Meteor Society (AMS) has the
>biggest bunch of negative naysaying nabobs I have ever encountered. No wonder
>we are having a tough time getting our meteor story across.

Such thoughts would have been better left on your private distribution
list, rather than aired publically.

The AMS Operations Staff is a verydedicated group of amateur meteor
astronomers who are, of course, free to express their own opinions on
various topics.  I would remind you, however, to keep each person's
opinions within the context of their own level of expertise, and not
extrapolate every expressed viewpoint to encompass the entire Society.

If there is an "official" statement to be made, it will be done by either
the Executive Director or myself, and I will make it very clear that it is
an organizational communication.

Sincerely,

     Jim Richardson

James Richardson
Graceville, Florida
richardson@digitalexp.com

Operations Manager / Radiometeor Project Coordinator
American Meteor Society (AMS)
http://www.serve.com/meteors/