[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Obser. Nov 2/3 ZAYGE

Just got in from 6 hours of observing during the night....3 in the early
evening and 3 during the early morning hours with a nap in-between. I had
clear skies with an LM around 6.0 all night. Activity was quite low. The wind
was a little strong. Thus I plotted during the early evening hours and just
recorded magnitudes, speed and times for the morning hours. The wind became
too much of a battle sorting thru the charts etc. During the evening hours I
was watching for Taurids and any signs of comet hartley 2 meteor activity.
There were no indications of a single meteor appearing to be remotely from
comet hartley2. I only saw 11 meteors from 1830 to 2130 local. I faced
towards the general direction of Cygnus. I then took a 3 1/2 hour nap before
starting up again. The winds were very strong by now, so no plotting was
attempted. I recorded 26 more meteors during the morning. Nothing
spectacular. The brightest was a 0 magnitude sporadic. In all, recorded 37
meteors. 8 NTA, 7 STA, 7 ORI, and 15 sporadics. At the moment I'm planning on
observing again tonight...I don't have much hope of seeing any hartley 2
meteors tonight either.
George Zay