[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Satellite reentry info

Hi Jim

After reading your posting I was reminded that I last Saturday evening (Nov
!st) I also observed three artificial satellites pass through the Summer
Triangle and I was curious what they were.   Where can I get such information?

In case you may be able to tell me off the top of your head I will list them
here.

2:31 UT         App Mag -2(+?)    I did not make notes of estimated
brightness, but this one was at least as bright              bright  as
Jupiter  Moving from SW to NE.   I watched all the way from near Jupiter to
the horizon.
                        I hypothesized this was probably Mir.

3:20 UT         App Mag 2?              Moving from SW to NE.   Disappeared
near Vega

3:27 UT         App Mag 2?              Moving from NE to SW.   Disappeared
near Deneb

Thank you

Ron