[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Beta-Cygni Observation--11/2-3

At 09:01 PM 11/2/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I have just completed a successful(for me)meteor observation,
>monitoring Beta Cygni activity.  Below my abbreviated data.

Hi, Jonathan, thanks for the report. Since you say you can't
observe after midnight, I'd guess the times you cite are all
Universal Time (5 hours later than EST)? Evening observing is
tough to do - as we've heard recently on this list - because
of the small number of meteors you will normally see... BTW,
which plotting charts did you use for plotting your -3 meteor?

Last, don't forget to report the particulars of this fireball
(remember, any meteor brighter than -3 is generally considered
a fireball) to the Fireball Data Center, at their Web site:
	http://www.imodot net/fireball/report.html

Clear skies!
Lew