[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Goodbye for now.

Thanks for an enjoyable 16 months, but I must take my leave.  Special
thanks to Lew Gramer, George Zay, and Gary Kronk for information and
advice from time to time.  Thanks to the internet "newbies" for
providing the laughs.

Why am I leaving?  Well, it's winter and cloudy, and I need to
concentrate on other things.  Second is the spam, both from this group
directly, and from other sources.  I'm planning on changing my mail
address, and I may resubscribe at a later date, probably to the digest
version.

I don't know how flexible majordomo is, but if you want to eliminate
the spam you're going to have to 1) accept postings only from list
members, and 2) manually approve members.  If you want to allow "one
of" postings from non-members, you could designate one person, the
list maintainer or someone else, to manually approve and post these
messages to the group.  An alternative would be to disallow any posts
from well known spam hosts.  If you're not willing to do something
like this, then the spam will continue.

Clear Skies, and Keep Looking Up!

Gregg Lobdell                             Voice: 425-234-0884
Boeing Commercial Airplane Group            Fax: 425-234-5775
Seattle, WA, USA                       InterNet: gml@atadot ca.boeing.com