[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Weekly IRC Meteor Chat on Monday!

At 12:04 PM 11/3/97 -0800, you wrote:
>I downloaded MIRC.  I put centurion.daldot net in my web browser by itself,
>with a http://, and tried a http://www. prefix but none connected me to
>the server.  I am on AT&T.  What am I doing wrong?
>Steve

Hi, Steve. Most Web browsers (including Microscoft Exploder and Netscape)
do not support "IRC". Try using mIRC's "Setup" dialog (under the File
menu), to specify 'centurion.daldot net' as the server you wish to connect to.
Once you've used mIRC to connect to this server, mIRC will pop up a list of
possible "channels" for you to join. Ignore these, and type in #namn as the
channel to join. Try this now if you want: I'm on this channel all day today.

Lew