[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Observations

I was able to get out Sunday morning and last night for a short time
before clouds started rolling in.

My question is - Is it too early to see Leonids?  In the two nights I
saw 4 meteors I thought could be Leonids. The first with Leo high in the
East at 8:33 UT was 2nd Magnitude, fast, leaving a trail coming directly
overhead East to West.  The other two that night that I felt could be
Leonids were not as bright, one going N and one S from a point ahead of
Leo's sickle.  Both were fast.  Last night with Leo lower in the East a
third magnitude meteor came from east to west from Leo, again overhead
and relatively long.

Here are my results:
			  % Time   LM	Ori     NTa      Leo     Spo
Tot
11-2-97	8:29 to 10:05 UT     .93	    6.1     4        2
3        10       19

STa
11-4-97  6:45 to 7:53  UT      .99      6.0     2        2          1
1         6