[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) fwd: Returned mail: unknown mailer error 2

Cc: Lew Gramer (me) <dedalus>
Subject: Posting to 'meteorobs' is now RESTRICTED
From: Lew Gramer <dedalus@latrade.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 97 14:17:22 -0500
Sender: dedalus

In an effort to stem the tide of annoying and offensive spam directed to
our
list, I've (finally) taken the step of closing 'meteorobs' to
non-subscribers.
Note you may still continue to post when not subscribed, IF you email a
request
with 2 days notice, to be put on the "alternate list". Such requests (and
all
requests for information or assistance) MUST BE sent to the address:
	owner-meteorobs@latrade.com

Any such requests that get sent to the general list address (meteorobs) or
majordomo MAY BE IGNORED OR LOST. Thanks for helping keep your list clean.
:)

Last but not least, we will make an attempt to scan all non-subscriber
posts
and forward any meteor-related ones to you all in a timely way. Here's
hoping
this helps "can the spam", but also keeps our list free and open.

Clear skies and many meteors!
Lew Gramer
owner-meteorobs@latrade.com

>This concludes the test of the emergency meteorobs alert system
>We now return control to you.
>Spam be canned
Original Text