[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) LAST CHANCE for talk on LEOs!

Well, last night was a bust... First clear night of this Leonid campaign (first
clear night in a week!), and the cirrus clouds dutifully wafted in just around
the time the Sickle was rising to a decent height. Teff about 0.5 hours, and
one lone (but very nice) -1 green NTA was all I saw. On a moonless night, I
could have kept observing anyway... Here's hoping this isn't a pattern for this
year! How many of us have seen any LEOs (unofficially) so far?

Now naturally, weather for the lunar near-graze of Saturn yesterday evening was
GREAT. At least I saw something last night... Did any fellow North Americans on
the list see a full occultation or graze?

BTW, speaking of Leonids, my talk to the local Boston club is tomorrow evening.
I never received any of the documents folks had mentioned being able to send.
Is there anything anyone can email to me at this last minute?

Clear skies to all tonight!
Lew