[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Leonid Observing Weather Prospects

Hello George and others,

Things here aren't either positive or negative. Given that it is November
in the Netherlands, that means that things are actually positive..

The rpediction is that near the end of the weekend a ridge of high
pressure will enter Europe over our country and perhaps seek contact with
a high pressure area above Russia. Our country will be near the edge,
which means that especially sunday/monday night we can get soeme border
subfronts passing. But it aslo means there will be wind. That is good,
for it gets us rid of possible fog, the big nuisiance of last days.

I think we will end up crashing to Germany on Sunday. But perhaps monday
we will be able to do something from our own country. Actually, I hope
that will be possible on both nights.

Sunday afternoon 'pow-wow' at Caspers place to look at last predictions
and satellite images. Decisions will be taken then. Casper will not join
this campaign by the way because of his work, but will advise us from the
background.

This is probably my last mail before the 19th when the campaign is over,
by the way.

Marco