[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Southern Calif. Leonid Observing

Peters and all who are interested....I personally will try to observe from my
Descanso observatory. But if the weather is not good by 9pm...I'm packing up
and heading east for the desert towards Yuma on I-8. I hope it may be clear
enough in the Anza Borrego desert area, but if not...I'll continue east and
stop in an area called Ogilby just short of Yuma. this is on the other side
of the sand dunes. I might get lucky there? Bob Lunsford plans on calling me
at 5pm to check on the weather...if it's bad where he's at. I hope he has
clear weather...that would mean I should to. but if not...my guess is that he
will be heading south and east thru the Salton Sea area.
If nothing else...I should have a pleasant drive in the mountains and desert.
George Zay