[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Weather, what can you do???

Hi All!!

Well, I hope other parts of the world and continents had better
weather, than here in my part of Canada.

I had got up at 4:37 am est to go out and observe for 1 hour. Had
everything preprared the night before, the warm wooly's , hat, mitts
etc, and I am all excited to go out, I check out the upstairs window,
and see nothing, no stars nothing. I thought, dirty windows or my
fuzzy eyeballs.

Went outside, and its clouded over again, I  don't believe this. It
was so clear last night. I observed , Venus and Jupiter before the
moon rose, naked eye. Then around 10:30 pm went out and looked at
Orion, Auriga, Cassiopia, naked eye, and it was clear, cool, even
with lots of moonlight.

I hope we can get some reports on the Leonids from others, because it
is a bust here.

Kim

Moonlight Cascade BBS
Specializing in Astronomy, Sci Fi, Cooking and Health
(613)353-7369
44.28.28 N 76.29.45 W