[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Leonids 97/11/17 from Central Europe :-(

Hello folks,
this is just a quick note to tell you that we had only little luck with
Leonid observations here in Europe last night. We had some clear skies
in NW Germany, but fog moved in and made observation mostly impossible. So
far I heard of no observation lasting for longer than about 2 hours.

Juergen Rendtel went on a long trip but did not reach clear skies. Andre
Knoefel suffered from cirrus clouds. Carl Johannink watched for about two
hours until clouds came in. I myself went into the mountains with no
success... Maybe the other Dutch team(s) found a clear spell? Let's see.

Sirko