[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Leonids by radio..a new receiver!

Hello Observers'

Well, my Icom $800 receiver died last night, I have no idea what happened.
It was not plugged in to anything only the batteries were in it. It
was connected to the cavity filter and the filter to the antenna outside.
A static chrage?
It worked in the morning and afternoon, but at 930pm it did not come on at
all. Now it is on the way to be repaired!

 So, Radio Shack now has a PRO-60 scanner that CAN tune in 83.25 MHz !!
and I dished out $400 for that, it does not have CW or SSB BUT has AM
mode which I use. So for now I am using this receiver.